Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Am I Dreaming? Did We Accomplish This?

Note: This was cross-posted at Greetings From America’s Finest City. Click here to visit my new home on Blogger.

For those of you who joined Bloggers Against Torture a few months back and/or participated in Blogathon 2006, I hope you get a chance to read this post. I just tuned in to CNN International (the one-hour feed I get on CNN at 9am PST) and I’ll let the following screenshots spread the good news.


BAT01 BAT02 BAT03


According to a report by CNN’s Jamie McIntyre, all U.S. laws and procedures regarding the detention of detainees are now publicly available. In addition, President Bush will be speaking at about 10:45am PST about the tribunals, which are also supposed to follow the Supreme Court’s ruling and comply with Article 3 of the Geneva Convention. If this is true, then every one of you deserves a pat on the back or a high-five for a job well done. I’m proud to be a member of the Bloggers Against Torture alliance, and I’m certain you’re all feeling that same sense of pride knowing that you helped make a difference. I’ll have more later today/this evening. For now, tune into the speech in about an hour and let’s see what happens.




Technorati tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

List all torture incidents | List deaths | List by technique | List by location
Public support | Government policy | Accountability & cover-ups | Rendition | FoIA docs | NGO reports & legal actn
Consequences & blowback | The New Iraq & other broken promises | The media | The noble few