Monday, July 10, 2006

You legend

Mash at Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying is too modest to tell you, so I'm going to dob him in. Thank you for donating a generous $100! We're floored :-)

Jen at Peaceful Waters is also doing the Blogathon, raising money for Lutheran World Relief. She showed beautiful community spirit by being our first pledger. Thank you Jen.

Thank you also to everyone who is getting the word out. Misneach and Wrote, thank you for starting early promoting the Blogathon on your blogs.


UPDATE: Oh. Mash is a good sport, but I see that doing that might be uncomfortable for some...

Forgive me for my over-excitement. I promise from now on that I won't publish amounts unless I have the sponsor's express permission.

But we still reserve the right to link to your blog and thank you (without saying exactly how much you gave), so if you sponsor us using your blogger name, be prepared to receive a lot of love :-)

9 Comments:

Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

I just found out about this and posted on both of my blogs. I'm trying to get some of the sports fans out there in the blogosphere to chip in for us, too.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

Hello! Can I be added to your blogroll please? I had originally joined the "Indy 500" group against Gonzales and Torture and would love to be a part of this group.

Thanks

7:25 AM  
Blogger elendil said...

Robbie, great idea. Thanks for your help.

Dr. Strangelove, sorry to have embarrassed you. And I've never been accused of modesty before.

Glyn, thanks for your interest. Can we get back to you on that question later? We hadn't really planned for the eventuality, so we need to work out if we're reopening membership first.

1:34 PM  
Blogger B.L. said...

What a great cause and a great community. I've added a link to your blog on mine.
and I want to join you in blogging against torture on the 29th. Is there any significance to that date?

8:12 PM  
Blogger B.L. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

But you have no "Z"s yet!!! Really, if it is that difficult, then it's no problem. I just hate seeign all my friends on the blogroll and not me!

7:19 AM  
Blogger heathlander said...

vm: Thanks for the interest. The significance of the 29th is that that is the day of the Blogathon (see blogathon.org, or the previous post for details). In a nutshell, collectively over 24 hours we will make atleast 48 posts (min. of one every half hour) about coalition torture (or based on that). For this we will be sponsored, and the money will go to Amnesty International USA.
If you want to help out, you can do so for as many hours or posts as you are able.

2:12 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

Glyn: No problem at all, I have added you to the Blogroll, but apparently it takes a while before showing up. Welcome!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

Thanks! I shall put up a link or banner or such...!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List all torture incidents | List deaths | List by technique | List by location
Public support | Government policy | Accountability & cover-ups | Rendition | FoIA docs | NGO reports & legal actn
Consequences & blowback | The New Iraq & other broken promises | The media | The noble few