Friday, July 28, 2006

Thank you anon and good luck bloggers

Thank you to Anonymous for their pledge of $50! Anon advised me by email that instead of a link to their blog they would like us to link to their favourite comic The Pain by Tim Kreider. Consider it done.

Tonight is my last post before I have to disappear for a little while, and unfortunately I won't be here for the Blogathon. So before I go, I want to thank all of you who are going to be blogging and wish you luck. Great things happen when people come together for a common cause. A wonderful synergy has been created, and my expectations have been exceeded by the generous support of bloggers and sponsors alike.

I'm sorry that I can't be with you during the blogathon, but I know that I leave this place in capable hands. Good luck, have fun, and don't stay up too late ;-)

8 Comments:

Blogger heathlander said...

Thanks elendil - I'm sure all your hard work in setting up the Alliance and in helping coordinate the Blogathon campaign will pay off.

Thanks again - and enjoy your well-earned break!

6:43 AM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

Thank you, Elendil. I'm sure we'll be fine in your absence. Hope you enjoy the posts when you return.

10:21 AM  
Blogger zazou said...

Hi,

THought this might be fun the eve of the blogging:knuckles

5:54 PM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

That should be your first post, Zazou.

11:13 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

doc - the plan? Well, I'm going to be staying up the whole time. After about 5 minutes have passed, I'll put up a short post just saying 'Welcome' and asking for sponsorships.

When other people arrive, they should announce their arrival in the comments to that post. I guess we should decide now who's doing the first proper post at half past...anyone fancy doing it?

1:32 AM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

I've got a few things to say about that WaPo article about the War Crimes Act of 1996. However, with the short time frame it will be a brief post.

I'm heading to bed...and four hours to think about it.

2:00 AM  
Blogger bodda said...

coffee is here.
black or with creamer?

6:04 AM  
Blogger heathlander said...

coffe already? You wimps!

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List all torture incidents | List deaths | List by technique | List by location
Public support | Government policy | Accountability & cover-ups | Rendition | FoIA docs | NGO reports & legal actn
Consequences & blowback | The New Iraq & other broken promises | The media | The noble few