Saturday, July 29, 2006

Amnesty International: Hamdan v. Rumsfeld Action Letter Campaign

From the Amnesty International Online Action Center...their latest campaign against torture.

On June 29, the Supreme Court ruled that Common Article 3 of the Geneva
Conventions protected detainees in US custody. This ruling reinstates
fundamental human rights protections that the President sought to set aside by
Executive Order. The coming months will be critical in determining how the Bush
Administration implements the Court’s decision. Urge the government not to gut
these important safeguards through omissions or legislation.

Click here to let President Bush and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld know that you're concerned about their proposed legislation to restrict Article 3 of the Geneva Convention.

Technorati Tags: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger heathlander said...

Yay Amnesty! You rock! etc.

9:07 PM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

Heathlander, sign me up for 12 midnight and 12:30.

9:10 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

wicked! Done and done.

I'm through the worst of it now, I think. It's 5:08 AM for me here, so soon it will be daylight, and I find it impossible to sleep during the day.

9:13 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

I'll do 1 am.

9:14 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

What is this Mountain Dew you keep going on about? It sound like a magical elixir or something.

All I've got is a bottle of Diet Coke in the fridge.

9:20 PM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

My fat butt got an A in my health class. Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper have the most caffeine.

I know Jolt Cola has the most, but I didn't include it in the above paragraph because I'd classify that as "liquid crack".

9:25 PM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

BTW the heat's getting to me. I blogged about it here but I should be fine.

9:26 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

:)

I was advised, as a lest resort, to put a couple of spoonfuls of coffee powder on a hot spoon, wait till it goes gooey, and quickly down it followed by a glass of water.

Needless to say, I haven't got that desperate yet...

9:33 PM  
Blogger zazou said...

You guys rock!

Have posted explicit encouragement to vist your blogathon on my site.

Very, very cool stuff you have up.

Keep up the heroic effort!

9:37 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

Cheers zazou!

9:44 PM  
Blogger heathlander said...

Wow, benzine, tartrazine, caffeine and brominated vegatable oil (banned in 100 countries) all in one drink!

Impressive. ;)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List all torture incidents | List deaths | List by technique | List by location
Public support | Government policy | Accountability & cover-ups | Rendition | FoIA docs | NGO reports & legal actn
Consequences & blowback | The New Iraq & other broken promises | The media | The noble few