Saturday, June 17, 2006

How you can help the blogroll

A number of you have offered to do extra tasks for the blogroll. Thank you very much for that. The big action days are coming up next weekend, and we'd like to have as many people talking about them as possible. Here's how you can help.

First, those of you who know an anti-torture conservative blogger, please invite them to the blogroll. We know that they're out there because we've got a few on the blogroll already. They are welcome here. [Perhaps I was too indirect in my previous post ;-)]

Second, please invite anyone else that you can think of. Many of you were invited after your anti-torture post turned up on Technorati. That seems to be an effective method of finding interested people.

In other news, there are quite a few members that are prolific anti-torture bloggers (watch out Donkephant). The following is a random sampling of torture resources from our members:

Please leave a comment if you've got a reference you'd like to share. It would be useful to eventually have a complete list of these.

PS: If anyone goes to a calendar event and takes photos, please send me an email, as we'd love to post them here.

8 Comments:

Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

That blogroll's getting HUGE! That's the only drawback with having a WordPress.com hosted site. I can't dislay the script like everyone else can on their blog

1:11 PM  
Blogger elendil said...

It's a good way to make new friends, but I've seen you visiting other's blogs and saying hello, so I'm glad you aren't missing out on that benefit.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Phillybits said...

Elendil, things are looking good and that blogroll IS huge.

I had a diary up on Kos tonight abuot those kidnapped soldiers in Iraq, and while promoting that somewhere else on a framing issue, someone brought up some sites you might be interested in.

Looking at the links, I think you're already well familiar with Amnesty USA, of course, but also Tassc.

Anyways, I haven't been blogging myself too much on torture. I think my contribution was more in helping you get the word out and get things rolling, which, according to Blogrolling, they certainly have.

Donkephant, yeah, he's on fire. I met him (online) shortly before the blogroll came around, so I'm real proud to see him get the spotlight. C&L ran him a number of times, which was really cool of them.

Anyways, keep up the good work. If you need anything, just let me know.

10:08 PM  
Blogger elendil said...

Cool Phillybits. Thanks for your help :-)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Vierotchka said...

Hi Elendil!

I have a few physical difficulties writing, so my blog Le Thé Chez Vierotchka has little writing and is more of a vlog covering a multitude of subjects - and I have posted several videos concerning torture this month, the latest one being "Claremont Colleges Debate Union - Online Debate - Torture Convention" (Permalink).

My blog host's servers have been undergoing some severe hiccups these past several days, as have Technorati's, yet my readership keeps growing!

Warm regards,

Rurikid (aka Vierotchka)

2:35 PM  
Blogger elendil said...

These comments are becoming a real resource. I will highlight them in the next update. Thank you everyone.

4:50 PM  
Blogger El Mas Chingón said...

Rurikid (and to anyone else out there),

Do anything you can and don't feel like you're not contributing when others are posting more items. Anything you can contribute is welcome and appreciated.

1:44 AM  
Blogger - said...

Air Torture?

http://donkephant.blogspot.com/2006/06/torture-awareness-month-day-20.html

I couldn't resist. I thought it was a great parody

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

List all torture incidents | List deaths | List by technique | List by location
Public support | Government policy | Accountability & cover-ups | Rendition | FoIA docs | NGO reports & legal actn
Consequences & blowback | The New Iraq & other broken promises | The media | The noble few